Deposit bonus – What is it?
Deposit bonus is a casino bonus given with the real money deposit. So when you make a real money deposit, you receive X amount of money in bonus money. Bonus money – What is that? Bonus money is money, that cannot be converted to money directly. Otherwise casinos would be crazy! Before you can withdraw this money, you need to complete wagering requirements / bonus terms. If you lost the ball, no worries, Casino Professor will help you with this topic with an example.
Example: Casino offers a bonus 100% up to €100 with a wagering requirement of 25-times for the bonus money. You make a deposit of €100 in order to claim the full bonus. After the deposit casino adds another €100 on your account so now you have €200 on your account. Now you have to wager at least €2500 (25 x €100) before you can make a withdrawal.
Note! Other terms may apply – like the following:
- Time – A certain time period when the money need to be wagered (e.g. 7 days)
- Games – All casino games don’t wager equally. For example live casino games don’t wager 100% (sometimes even 0%).
It is always a good idea to take a look at the bonus terms before making a deposit.
Deposit bonus – How to choose the best casino bonus?
There are few things that you should take a look into, while choosing the casino bonus. Here are few general guidelines from the Casino Professor:
- Deposit amount – How much are you planning to deposit? Usually the first deposit bonus / new player bonus is the best bonus available and hence should be maximised. If you are planning to deposit €50, choose a casino that offers the maximum bonus with a deposit of €50.
- Casino – Try to select a trustworthy casino with a valid license. Also look, if the casino has everything that you need.
- Mobile casino – If you play on mobile, are there any games available?
- Payment methods – Can you make a deposit with your preferred method?
- Language – Is the support available on your preferred language?
- Games – Can you play your favorite games? NetEnt, Play’n Go and Microgaming are popular among players currently.
- Wagering requirements – A 400% bonus isn’t great, if the bonus terms are unreasonable. Check whether the wagering is from bonus money or both, deposit and bonus.
- Other terms – Check whether there are some other terms that apply. Something that would make you not able to claim the bonus. For example too strict time limit.
The percentage (%) and maximum bonus amount (€/$/£) don’t along say, whether the casino bonus is good or bad.
You filter the view by the filters that can be found from the white navigation bar above the casinos.
100% casino / deposit bonus (wagering 20-times the bonus money)
Deposit €100 and play with €200. Assuming, that the bonus is displayed the following way:
This is the most common bonus offered by casino sites (match bonus).
In order to withdraw the bonus money, you need to bet 2000 euros (20x€100).
200% casino / deposit bonus (wagering 20-times the bonus money)
Deposit €100 and play with €300. Assuming, that bonus is displayed the following way:
This isn’t as common as the previously mentioned match bonus, but still there are plenty of casino sites offering this type of bonus. For example Rizk casino offer this bonus for some players.
In order to withdraw the bonus money, you need to bet at least €4000 (20x€200).
300% casino / deposit bonus (wagering 20-times the bonus money)
Deposit €100 and play with €400. Assuming, that the bonus is displayed the following way:
While writing this, there aren’t any casino sites offering this bonus.
In order to withdraw the bonus money, you need to bet at least €6000 (20 x 300€).
400% casino / deposit bonus (wagering 20-times the bonus money)
Deposit €100 and play with €500. Assuming, that the bonus is displayed in the following way:
There are few bonus available, that are 400%. However, this is quite uncommon.
In order to withdraw the bonus money, you need to bet at least €8000 (20 x 400€).
Casino bonus – Does it make any sense?
This of course always depends on what type of wagering requirements and other terms that may apply. In most cases, it is worth taking the extra money, but there are, of course, bad apples out there. Because of this, it is always a good idea to view the bonus terms and conditions. View our guide to wagering requirements, if you need some help in what to be on the lookout.
Depending on the gaming authority, there are some regulations when it comes to promotions and bonuses.
Best deposit bonuses for online casinos
Casino Professor adds new operators on his site every now and then, when there are new casino sites worthy of listing. In every casino review on this site, you will find more detailed information about the wagering requirements and other conditions that may apply. Of course, the Professor still recommends checking the updated information from the casino’s own site.
Deposit bonuses that have been popular among the Prof’s players:
How up to date is the information on this page?
The team behind Casino Professor is actively updating the information and we do our best that the deposit bonus information stays as up to date as possible. If you notice an error in the review or bonus info, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or leave a comment in the review itself.