Deposit bonus – What is it?
Deposit bonus is a casino bonus given with the real money deposit. So when you make a real money deposit, you receive X amount of money in bonus money. Bonus money – What is that? Bonus money is money, that cannot be converted to money directly. Otherwise casinos would be crazy! Before you can withdraw this money, you need to complete wagering requirements / bonus terms. If you lost the ball, no worries, Casino Professor will help you with this topic with an example.
Example: Casino offers a bonus 100% up to €100 with a wagering requirement of 25-times for the bonus money. You make a deposit of €100 in order to claim the full bonus. After the deposit casino adds another €100 on your account so now you have €200 on your account. Now you have to wager at least €2500 (25 x €100) before you can make a withdrawal.
Note! Other terms may apply – like the following:
- Time – A certain time period when the money need to be wagered (e.g. 7 days)
- Games – All casino games don’t wager equally. For example live casino games don’t wager 100% (sometimes even 0%).
It is always a good idea to take a look at the bonus terms before making a deposit.
Deposit bonus – How to choose the best casino bonus?
There are few things that you should take a look into, while choosing the casino bonus. Here are few general guidelines from the Casino Professor:
- Deposit amount – How much are you planning to deposit? Usually the first deposit bonus / new player bonus is the best bonus available and hence should be maximised. If you are planning to deposit €50, choose a casino that offers the maximum bonus with a deposit of €50.
- Casino – Try to select a trustworthy casino with a valid license. Also look, if the casino has everything that you need.
- Mobile casino – If you play on mobile, are there any games available?
- Payment methods – Can you make a deposit with your preferred method?
- Language – Is the support available on your preferred language?
- Games – Can you play your favorite games? NetEnt, Play’n Go and Microgaming are popular among players currently.
- Wagering requirements – A 400% bonus isn’t great, if the bonus terms are unreasonable. Check whether the wagering is from bonus money or both, deposit and bonus.
- Other terms – Check whether there are some other terms that apply. Something that would make you not able to claim the bonus. For example too strict time limit.
The percentage (%) and maximum bonus amount (€/$/£) don’t along say, whether the casino bonus is good or bad.
You filter the view by the filters that can be found from the white navigation bar above the casinos.
100%, 150%, 200% – What is the difference?
In most cases, a bonus offering extra cash gives you a certain percentage on top of the amount you deposit. This percentage can vary from 10% for a modest deposit bonus up to 150% or 200%, or even more in some exceptional cases.
Almost all casino sites have the first deposit bonus in store for you when you sign up and make your first deposit.
First deposit bonus
The juiciest casino bonus is usually the first deposit bonus. A bonus that is given with the initial deposit. Since this is a bonus for new customers, it is usually the best casino bonus. It is good to keep in that best doesn’t mean the biggest. While this is the case in most situations the first deposit bonus might have some other benefits compared to size:
- Low wagering requirement
- Low minimum deposit
- Higher percentage
Welcome Bonus – What does it mean?
The welcome bonus is a bit different than first deposit bonus as the welcome bonus can consist of several deposits. Because of this the term welcome package is also sometimes being used. For example, some casinos reward players with bonuses up to first five deposits. Loyal – / VIP players, of course, receive casino bonuses pretty much every time they want to play. To get more information about the casino’s welcome bonus or to see if they even offer one, click the image or title to go to the full review.
Casino Bonus codes
Nowadays bonus codes are a rare sight as nearly all casinos add the bonus automatically when a player makes the deposit and in order not to receive the bonus, the player needs to contact support. However, there are still few casinos that require the use of bonus code. In many cases, the code is through visible before making the deposit.
Online Casinos with bonus codes:
Free Spins casino bonus
Free Spins are different from cash bonus as they aren’t actual cash. Just a method to win something. Usually free spins are given as a no deposit bonus but due to their popularity there are multiple casinos that also offer them as a deposit bonus or as an additional bonus to the cash bonus.
All online casinos apply wagering requirements and these can be different for bonus money from the cash you deposit yourself. You should never forget to check the wagering requirements before deposit!
A casino’s wagering requirements are indicated by a factor, like x30 for example. This means you need to wager a certain amount by this factor before you can withdraw any winnings. In case of a bonus, you need to wager the bonus amount received from the online casino by the stated factor, before you can cash in any winnings you might have made with help of your bonus.
It pays to check the wagering requirements an online casino applies to their casino bonuses before claiming and wagering any bonus cash. While the gaming authorities have guidelines regarding promotions, there aren’t any specific guidelines given towards the casino bonuses.
- Bonus % – Is it 100% or 200%? The bigger the percentage is, the better the bonus is for the player.
- Maximum Bonus (€) – What is the maximum amount of bonus money that a player can collect?
- Other terms & conditions – Varies between casinos. Always worth taking at least a quick look before making the deposit.