The rise of the pay by phone casino in UK has gathered a lot of steam thanks to mobile gaming – and we’re going to show you the best ways to deposit via mobile in this article. There are a number of methods you can use to pay at a casino using mobile, such as via your phone bill at Boku casino sites or via other means at not Boku casinos.
We’ll show you how each pay by mobile casino method works but they are all generally very quick and simple. However, there are a few things to consider before you get started – such as deposit limits and their effect on casino bonuses – which may impact which one you use.
Pay by Phone Casino Not Boku
You can find a pay by mobile casino that’s not Boku relatively easily. What’s more, you’re given a few different methods to try out.
For example, you can pay by SMS which then charges you through your phone bill or credit. This is similar to Boku but uses different carriers or processors. Alternatively, you can use dedicated mobile casino eWallets and apps, or go very old school by calling up and paying over the phone.
Pay by Phone Bill
If you want to pay with phone credit or bill via SMS then Casumo is one of your best not Boku options. Instead, they use Fonix which is supported by most major UK mobile networks such as Vodafone, 3, EE, 02, and more.
Here’s how to facilitate deposits using Fonix:
- Select “Pay by Mobile” under Deposits
- Choose how much to deposit and wait for an SMS
- Enter the 4-digit code you receive
- Deposit Limit: £10 – £30 per deposit (£240 per month)
4-digit SMS code when depositing via Fonix
Why trust Fonix? Fonix is a 2006-founded mobile payments service with accreditation by Vodafone and EE – two of the UK’s biggest mobile networks with approximately 50% market share (Statista). In terms of safety and security, the fact that Casumo is on board says everything as they’re one of the most trusted sites around.
Pay by Mobile Casino Apps
If you don’t want to pay at a casino with SMS then you can try one of the above sites with MuchBetter. This is a relatively new method which works exclusively as an app. Here’s a video on how to deposit at a casino using MuchBetter
- Select “MuchBetter” from the Deposits page
- Enter your deposit amount and enter your phone number (linked to your MuchBetter account)
- Approve the transaction within the MuchBetter app
- Deposit Limit: Varies per casino (fees may be included!)
Why trust MuchBetter? The app is licenced by the UK Financial Conduct Authority under parent company MIR Limited (MuchBetter is listed under “Trading/brand names”). There are multiple security features in place and a decent selection of MuchBetter casinos already despite the recent launch.
MuchBetter’s rise saw them land the 2018 EGR award for Services Rising Star (EGR – 2018 Winners).
Another no Boku option is at an Apple Pay casino. Many people have Apple Pay as part of their daily spending routine which has led to a few casinos implementing it as well. Here’s how to deposit at Apple Pay casinos:
- Select “Apple Pay” from the Deposits page
- Enter your deposit amount
- Approve the transaction using either Touch ID or your passcode
- Deposit Limit: Varies per casino
Why trust Apply Pay? No introduction is needed as Apple Pay is one of the most widely used pay by mobile phone methods across the world. There are several security features included and you can also use it to withdraw from an Apple Pay casino.
Pay by Phone Casino UK
If you want to deposit by mobile but with no Boku methods, SMS or even the internet then your final pay via phone casino option in UK is very old school – go and give them a call!
- Find a casino that accepts telephone payments (such as above)
- Ring them up (be careful to check it’s UK freephone)
- Follow the instructions of the agent to make a payment
- Deposit Limit: Varies per casino
Why trust a telephone casino? Sure, it seems a bit unconventional but there are many reasons why you may want to pay using phone at a casino. Perhaps you don’t want your details shared online, or maybe hearing an actual voice confirming the transaction is reassuring. Whatever the case, it still is an option in some cases.
Pay by Phone Casino Boku
If you decide that a pay by phone casino with Boku is for you then you have many options available to you. Again, you can use Vodafone, 3, EE, 02, and other major UK networks to deposit using your phone bill.
Deposit by Phone Bill Boku
To make a Boku deposit:
- Select “Boku” or “Pay by Phone” from the Deposits page
- Choose how much to deposit and enter your mobile number
- Wait for an SMS and confirm the transaction
- You will be charged either by your monthly bill or phone credit
- Deposit Limit: £10 – £30 per deposit (various limits each month per casino)
Why trust Boku? This mobile payments facilitator was founded in 2009 and has partnered with some of the biggest organisations in the world – Facebook, Spotify, Google and more (Boku – History & Development). Furthermore, Boku is publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange (BOKU, INC).
If you ever get into any problems, you can visit Boku’s Customer Care Portal alongside asking the casino’s customer support team.
Boku Pay by Phone Casino – Full List
With such a good reputation, the casino Boku payment continues to rise. However, these casinos are not as widespread as other payment methods and some don’t advertise Boku as much.
We make finding additional Boku slots sites much easier:
- Go to our Casino Sites (opens in new tab).
- Find our filter tools above the casinos – “Categories”, “Deposit”, “No Deposit” and “More”.
- Select “More”, choose “Boku” from Payment Methods, and hit “See Casinos”.
- Find the best pay by Boku casino for you!
Another way to pay by SMS through your phone bill is at a Payforit casino. Again, this works in a very similar way to Boku and Fonix and Vodafone, 3, EE, 02, and the others are accepted.
Here’s how to make a deposit at a casino with Payforit:
- Select “Payforit” or “PayviaPhone” under Deposits
- Choose how much to deposit and follow the instructions
- Enter the 4-digit code you receive from an SMS
- Deposit Limit: £10 – £30 per deposit (fees vary per casino!)
Why trust Payforit? This mobile payments system is widely used across the UK and is jointly owned by four UK network providers (Payforit). While it is not a registered company, you can query any problems directly with your carrier.
Pay by Mobile Casino FAQs
- No Account: You don’t need to sign-up to anything.
- It’s Fast: Your payment will be processed as soon as you confirm.
- No Fees: The service is free to use (NOTE: the casinos may charge a fee).
- Anonymity: No payment details are shared with sites unlike credit/debit cards.
- Low Deposit Limits: Online casino pay by phone bill limits are strict – usually between £10 – £30.
- No Withdrawals: It isn’t possible for you to receive any winnings.
- Check you’ve got enough phone signal/data
- You’ve reached your daily limited (usually £30)
- Entered an incorrect PIN too many times
- You’ve blocked Boku transactions
- An older Boku transaction is still pending (you must confirm or discard this)
- Pay by Phone Credit: The casino payment will be taken out of your available balance.
- Pay by Phone Bill: The casino payment will be added to your monthly invoice.
There’s no one reason why you may want to pay with phone bill at a casino. However, here are a few advantages:
On the other hand, paying via SMS at a casino is completely different from other deposit options. Are you okay with the following?
Although it is possible, a pay by phone casino bonus is only really appropriate if you want something very small due to the deposit limits. Due to the way that a casino welcome bonus works, you would probably only be able to get a maximum of £50 extra – even in the best cases.
Yep, quite a few! Although it sounds a little odd, you can easily find a pay by phone casino that gives you a no deposit bonus beforehand. Check out our Casumo Casino review for a good example.
If you’re trying to use Boku at a pay by phone casino and it isn’t working then there are a few common reasons:
If you’re still having issues then you can check Boku’s help centre for more support.
It basically relates to mobile payment guidelines. If you lost your phone or it was compromised then you’d be vulnerable to losing money – so maximum caps are in place.
Think of it exactly like the contactless card system. A £30 limit bridges the gap between being useful for smaller payments while not being too open for fraud.
How you pay for your mobile phone usage determines how you’re charged:
All your online casino payments by mobile will be treated just like all other deposits so you can play whatever you like. However, if you use Boku, not Boku, or Payforit to play slots with a bonus, remember that the terms of the bonus may prevent you from playing some slot games as normal. Refer to the conditions of each offer to check.
UK players can report an issue with the Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA). They regulate all content, goods and services charged to a phone bill in the United Kingdom.