Alberta online casinos
Alberta online casinos have become popular with many Albertans in recent years. Players have access to a wide variety of online casinos, slots, and games from the comfort of their own homes. You can easily choose a site and start to play in a matter of minutes. But which sites are available? Check out our full list of online casinos in Alberta below.
Alberta online casinos list 2023
Top 5 online casinos in Alberta
- Casino Days – Best Alberta online casino overall
- Wildz Casino – Best for slots & games
- Wheelz Casino – Best new online casino in Alberta
- PokerStars Casino – Best site for payment methods
- Casumo Casino – Best for bonuses and promotions
Alberta online casinos – Legal?
In Alberta, the regulation of online gambling falls under the jurisdiction of the Alberta Gaming, Liquor, and Cannabis Commission (AGLC). According to AGLC, it is illegal for any person or organization to operate an online gambling site within the province without a valid license.
However, it’s not illegal for Albertans to gamble online at sites licensed outside of Canada. These online casinos must adhere to strict regulations and be regularly audited to ensure that they operate fairly and responsibly. This will ensure that the games are fair and their personal and financial information is safe.
In summary, online gambling in Alberta is legal as long as you do it through a licensed and regulated online casino that’s located outside of the country.
Comparison to other provinces
The rules and regulations about online gambling in Alberta are similar to those of other provinces. Players from all over Canada – outside of Ontario – can also access and play at online casinos that are licensed and regulated by a foreign country. The laws and regulations can vary slightly from one province to another.
However, Ontario online casinos are fully regulated for residents of Ontario. Players from here can only play at sites that have been licensed by the Ontario Gaming Commission. When players visit any of these casinos, they are asked to confirm their location. This is done to check that they are physically located in the province.
Alberta is not yet fully regulated. It’s possible that this will happen in future. This would mean Albertans could only play at gambling sites that had a license from the governing authority. But regulation isn’t likely to happen for a few years at the earliest. So players from Alberta can enjoy foreign online casino sites for now with no problems.
Popular online casinos in Alberta
There are several popular online casinos that are available to players in Alberta:
- Casino Days: Wide range of popular payment methods such as Interac. More than 3000 slots & game titles. Exclusive promotions for existing players.
- Wildz Casino: Game providers with a wide library of games. Loyalty programs and offers. A mobile friendly casino, easy to browse from a tablet or a mobile phone.
- Wheelz Casino: Reasonable wagering requirements for bonuses. Fast payout options and 24/7 customer support.
- PokerStars Casino: Popular payment methods for deposits and withdrawals. Some of the most important game providers in the industry. 24/7 customer support is available.
- Casumo Casino: Fast withdrawal processing time. More than 2000 slots and games are available on their website. Seasonal promotions and offers for existing players.
It’s important to note that this list is not exhaustive. Players should always ensure that the casino is licensed and regulated. We also recommend that you read reviews of these sites before signing up.
Alberta casino payment methods
Online casinos in Alberta typically offer a variety of payment methods to make deposits and withdrawals. The following are some of the most common options:
- Interac: This is a very popular payment method among players. Players do the payment through their bank account. Just like a usual bank transfer but easier, faster, and completely secure.
- E-wallets: An online wallet where you can make payments from – such as MuchBetter, Skrill, and Neteller. Players don’t have to share their financial information with the casino.
- Visa & Mastercard: These are the most widely accepted credit/debit cards.
- Direct bank transfer: It allows players to transfer funds directly from their bank account to the online casino. We consider this a safe and reliable option. However, it may take longer for the funds to be available for use.
- Cryptocurrency: Such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. Cryptocurrency transactions are fast, secure, and anonymous. To pay using this method, you need to buy crypto first and then transfer the chosen amount directly to the casino.
Remember that not all online casinos offer the same payment methods. Players should also be aware of any fees or limits associated with each method before selecting one.
Responsible gambling in Alberta
The AGLC has a page about responsible gambling within the province. They work closely with organizations and agencies. These provide support and resources for individuals who may be struggling with gambling addiction.
One such program is called GameSense, which aims to promote responsible gambling by providing information and resources to players. They have advisors available to provide information and support on how to gamble responsibly. They can also refer players to local resources for help with gambling problems.
Help for gambling problems
In addition to the GameSense program, there are also several organizations and agencies that provide support and resources for individuals struggling with gambling addiction in Alberta. These include:
- Alberta Gambling Research Institute: Conduct research and provides education and training on problem gambling prevention and treatment
- Alberta Health Services & the Responsible Gambling Council: Provide a variety of resources and support for individuals dealing with gambling problems. They offer counselling, support groups and referral services
- Canadian Problem Gambling Certification Board: Provide a directory of certified problem gambling counsellors. These people are available to give support and treatment
Individuals who are struggling with problem gambling can also contact the National Problem Gambling Helpline.
Yes, you can play at online casinos in Alberta. Alberta does not yet have province-wide legislation in place so you’re able to play at casino sites listed with foreign and credible gambling licenses.
We think the current best online casinos in Alberta are Casino Days, Wildz Casino, Wheelz Casino, PokerStars Casino, and Casumo Casino. You can find even more options on this page.
Currently, the most popular payment method in Alberta is Interac. However, there are other options available.
Yes, there are several organizations that give support. You can find more information on our page.
Yes, casinos usually offer a first deposit bonus to new players. You will receive a bonus after making your first real money deposit.
No, you don’t have to pay any taxes on your winnings. Unless you would happen to be a professional gambler, which is impossible when playing online slots.
Currently, the age limit to play at online casinos is 18.
Online casinos in Alberta are not fully regulated. This means you can play at online casinos that are not registered in the country.
Shady online casinos exist but we don’t list them. We only list online casinos that have a proven track record and tested games by agencies like eCogra. We do this in order to prove that games are always fair.
All the transactions take place under Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection like most transactions online should. Several online casinos also take responsible gaming seriously and allow you to set limits on your gambling. These limits can be:
- Deposit limits – Weekly or monthly
- Time limits – Per day or per month
- Timeout – Self excludes you from accessing the website